Skip to content


Primary Auto Liability covers injuries to other drivers and vehicles. It also covers accidents that cause damage to public property. State and federal agencies require a minimum of $750,000 combined single limit. Most brokers require you to carry at least $1,000,000 in coverage, so we recommend higher limits. In addition, Hazmat or specialized operations may require higher limits.

You only need a $750,000 limit to activate and maintain your authority, but we recommend an Auto Liability limit of $1,000,000 due to requirements from the majority of shippers and brokers. Intrastate motor carriers must meet the minimum liability limit within the state your business calls home.

Coverages Under Auto Liability

Uninsured Motorist (UIM)*

Covers damages caused by an uninsured motorist.

Underinsured Motorist (UM)*

Covers costs incurred that surpass the at-fault party’s policy limits.

*Pay up to the stated amount.

Med Pay

Med Pay pays medical expenses for you and any passengers in your vehicle who are injured during an accident or auto-related injury.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

PIP insurance pays for an insured’s medical and other injury-related costs, regardless of which driver was at fault. The coverage varies between states but may include: Medical Expenses, Funeral Costs, Lost Income, or Survivors’ Loss. PIP does not compensate you for pain and suffering.

Additional Insured (AI)

See All Our Coverage Options